January 1, 2012

Resolution Time and Spiritual Uplift

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

I love starting a new year. Everything seems fresh, like having a clean slate. I don't like to think of myself as only making resolutions at the start of the year, but better yet trying to improve myself every chance I get. However last night as I was fighting sleep, I couldn't help but look back at the year and think about what I would like to improve. My Mr. and I shared our New Years Resolutions with each other. (And it couldn't be the same old "get in shape"...etc.)
For me:
be a better mother
be a better wife
improve my talents
grow closer to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ

Then I laughed. That couldn't be any more broad. Ha! I guess I have a lot to work on! Fortunately I have great kids, a great husband, resources to help improve my talents, and a Heavenly Father who loves me nonetheless.

And then...dun dun dun...I found this. I think I'd like to try it out. I know that it would be a HUGE commitment every day, but what is 7 pages? Well, maybe it will be tougher than you think, but I'm going to give it my all. Starting today. Today. Join in with me, let me know how it goes! I'll give you some updates along the way! The  joy, the struggles, the tears, and the tender mercies from a loving and all knowing Heavenly Father. Wondering what the Standard Works are? Go here to find out!

1 comment:

M.C. Sommers said...

I am so happy that you posted that link. I decided to do it and 7 pages a day really isn't that bad. Such an awesome goal!